ALTERNATIVE LA BAROU 2019 LONGBOARD DECK
The all-new Lillian Barou signature longboard deck model the “La Barou” was designed to become your perfect companion during skate trips to lucrative mountain passes. Sporting a durable full wood construction in a compact size, the La Barou is the perfect match for anyone who prefers a narrow stance and an aggressive kicktail design.
The La Barou presents a durable full wood construction featuring a new lightweight wood core surrounded by strengthening hardwood laminates and fiberglass for the perfect balance between stiffness and longevity.
Its specially designed sandwich construction enables its distinctive fat bottom that extends through the board’s length and slightly narrows around the front and back side edges. This allows the shaping of bigger wheel wells for improved wheel clearance, so you can pair the La Barou with any size of longboard wheels without needing to worry about wheelbite.
With a top-mount truck mounting system, this board offers a more direct weight distribution on the trucks for improved maneuverability and board control at higher speeds.
SHAPE & PROFILE
Lillian’s Pro Model Deck embodies a competitive style of skating with an aerodynamic directional shape and a slim waist designed for anyone who prefers a narrow stance and high maneuverability.
The La Barou offers a 91 cm (35.83 inches) length and a variable wheelbase ranging from 50.85 cm to 60.2 cm (20.02 inches – 23.7 inches). Proportional to its size, its 22.77 cm (8.96 inches) width with a slim waist caters to a narrow stance and provides comfortable foot placement when tucking or freeriding.
Its riding platform is paired with a mellow concave and rocker to provide a secure foothold and to enable you effortless edge-to-edge weight transitions for slides or tight corners. Last but not least, La Barou also offers a high kicktail design that will help you conquer those high-speed manuals and elevate your tricks to new dimensions.
La Barou was designed to accommodate and withstand fast downhill skateboarding. For those used to having a narrow stance, it will also serve as a brilliant freeride deck the high kicktail design provides the right amount of pop for various tricks. Due to its size, the La Barou is appropriate for smaller riders.
- Designed by Lillian Barou
- Directional shape with top-mount truck mounting
- Comfortable narrow platform to accommodate riders with a narrow stance
- New lightweight core construction
- Sandwich construction featuring a light wood core surrounded by hardwood laminates
- Durable full wood construction
- Big wheel wells for higher wheel clearance
- High kicktail design for better pop
- A comfortable concave for good board feel
- Rocker for easier edge-to-edge weight transitions
- Stiff flex for better stability at higher speeds
- Best used for Downhill Skateboarding and Freeriding
- Appropriate for all skill levels
- Handcrafted in Poland, Europe